On this page find:
- Identifying Challenges to Improve a Investigation and Prosecution of State and Local Human Trafficking Cases
- Asian Transnational Organized Crime and Its Impact on a United States
- Law Enforcement Response to Human Trafficking and Its Implications for Victims: Current Practices and Lessons Learned
- Understanding and Improving Law Enforcement Responses to Human Trafficking
- Trafficking in Persons in a U.S.
- Prosecuting Human Trafficking Cases: Lessons Learned
Identifying Challenges to Improve a Investigation and Prosecution of State and Local Human Trafficking Cases (Northeastern
This inspect focused on a identification, review and charge of trafficking cases during a state and internal level.
The researcher’s primary idea was to learn some-more about a obstacles that impede law coercion efforts to locate victims
of trafficking and prosecute their traffickers. Researchers examined trafficking cases in a different set of 12 U.S. counties
and interviewed officials in 3 counties that reported no trafficking cases. The commentary can't be insincere to request to
a whole country.
Most trafficking cases start with a tip from someone though frequency from trafficked people themselves. Researchers found that
69 percent of a cases went brazen to prosecution, though many were not charged as trafficking cases per se. They were prosecuted
underneath comparison laws, such as those opposite compelling prostitution.
State prosecutors cited several reasons for regulating existent laws:
- A miss of fashion during a state level.
- Many jurisdictions do not have specialized units for prosecution, and have not perceived training for these cases.
- Many localities do not have a supports to transport to collect evidence. This hampers investigations that cranky county and state
lines, a common underline of trafficking cases.
- Local prosecutors tend to courtesy such cases as descending underneath sovereign jurisdiction.
Asian Transnational Organized Crime and Its Impact on a United States (Rutgers University)
This work was NIJ ‘s initial estimable bid to residence Asian transnational crime (from mixed countries) and a U.S.
impacts. Interviews with U.S. and Asian law coercion and other rapist probity officials suggested that transnational organized
crime networks handling in a segment are rarely specialized. It papers how several critical issues of transnational
crime overlap: trafficking in women and children, tellurian smuggling, and drug prolongation and trafficking, and these are the
priority issues in a Asian segment that directly impact a U.S. The news offers specific strategies for posterior a research
bulletin on U.S. impacts of Asian transnational crime.
Read a full news Asian Transnational Organized Crime and Its Impact on a United States .
Law Enforcement Response to Human Trafficking and Its Implications for Victims: Current Practices and Lessons Learned (Caliber
Little is famous about how law coercion agencies are organizing their response to tellurian trafficking, or a capabilities
of law coercion to respond to a needs of trafficking victims. This exploratory plan was designed to fill this gap
by providing a transparent viewpoint on a stream state of law enforcement’s bargain of tellurian trafficking. This project
- Current law coercion responses to tellurian trafficking.
- The implications of such responses for victims.
- Best practices and lessons schooled by law coercion and a partners they combine with on trafficking cases (e.g., victim
use providers, attorneys, etc.).
Understanding and Improving Law Enforcement Responses to Human Trafficking (Northeastern University)
A inhabitant representation of law coercion agencies (n= ~3,000) will be surveyed to establish internal definitions of trafficking,
a series and form of investigations conducted, a border of stating and coordination with other agencies, and good practices
for combating tellurian trafficking. Second, comparison jurisdictions with existent trafficking programs, and multi-agency partners
(e.g., law enforcement, U.S. Attorneys, District Attorneys, use providers) will be surveyed to assistance brand a benefits
and hurdles of reporting, investigating, and prosecuting trafficking regulating multi-agency models. Third, complete box studies
will also be conducted in Boston, Massachusetts; St. Louis, Missouri; and Phoenix, Arizona to yield qualitative information about
internal efforts to inspect cases and yield services to trafficking victims.
Trafficking in Persons in a U.S. (Croft Institute for International Studies)
This investigate examined tellurian trafficking box studies in Southwest Florida, Chicago, and Washington, DC. The plan evaluated:
Read a full news Trafficking in Persons in a U.S (pdf, 161 pages).
Prosecuting Human Trafficking Cases: Lessons Learned (Caliber Associates/American Prosecutors Research Institute)
In this project, researchers will inspect a outcome of existent legislation on a successful charge of tellurian trafficking
cases. Surveys of Federal and State attorneys, interviews with pivotal stakeholders, and an research of legislation and legal
cases inside and outward a U.S. will be used to brand pivotal issues in charge and lessons learned.